First, we went through some well known embedded players and video editors to get a good feel for how they work, how they differ, and what separates the good from the bad.
We created a user profile document to help us understand who we were building this for. The Mozilla team helped us refine these into profiles that aligned with the project goals.
We created a flow diagram that helped communicate how the Popcorn editor will live with the rest of the Popcorn community pages, and suggestions on navigation, hierarchy, and labeling.
We explored many different ideas and concepts for how to best mashup multimedia in a browser.
We collaborated on design with Ocupop to create the UI for the embedded player
We ended up doing the front end development for part of the embedded player